This privacy notice applies to the processing of data related to the use of https://www.epicstherapeutics.com/ website.
Epics Therapeutics SA (hereinafter “Epics”) as the Controller of the personal data has committed to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and all applicable laws and regulations regarding data protection. Epics wants to make sure that you understand what personal information is collected about you, how your personal information is used and how it is kept safe.
1. What personal data do we collect?
When you voluntarily provide us information through our website or any other information channel, including via our email addresses referenced on our website, the personal data provided by you will be used only for the purpose of responding to your query, your request for information or your job application solicitation.
2. How do we use your personal information?
Your personal data are processed to ensure the management of requests received via the email addresses of contact.
3. On what basis do we use your personal data?
We only process Website visitors’ personal data to the extent it is necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests in order to answer visitors’ queries. Website visitors can obtain further information on our legitimate interests, and how we have balanced them against data subject’s rights and freedoms, by contacting us using the details below.
4. How long will we keep your personal information?
Personal data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
In the context of visitor support, we will process your data for the time necessary to meet your query or request.
5. Data sharing
Epics doesn’t sell, trade, or otherwise transfer the information provided through the website to outside parties.
In the event that Epics is required to transfer personal data to recipients outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), it will protect the data in accordance with Data Protection Laws. If the personal data are transferred to countries that have not been recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of data protection, Epics will put in place contractual safeguards to protect the data (e.g., EU Standard Contractual Clauses “SCCs” to the extent it constitutes a valid mechanism of transfer under Chapter V of GDPR).
6. How do we protect your information?
Epics treats your personal data in a confidential manner and uses at least the same level of care in safeguarding your personal data that it uses with its own confidential information of similar nature.
Your personal data are contained behind secured networks and are only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential.
7. Your rights
According to the GDPR, you have the following rights:
- Access. You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case, all necessary information to make the process transparent
- Rectification. You have the right to require rectification of inaccurate data about you
- Erasure. You have the right to require deletion of your personal data
- Restrict processing. You have the right to restrict processing of data under certain specified circumstances
- Object to processing. You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your data.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please let us know by contacting our Data Protection Officer (see contact details below).
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority or to the Data Protection Authority where the alleged infringement took place.
8. Information About Cookies
a. What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that Epics places when you visit its website. A cookie is a text file sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. These cookies, placed on your device can be used to identify or to collect information about you.
- This website uses only strictly necessary (technical) cookies that allow you to browse a website, platform or app, and use the various options or services on it (e.g., control traffic, identify data or session, access sections or content, etc.). Without them, the user would be unable to undertake certain activities. Those cookies do not require consent.
- Those technical cookies are first-party cookies (placed directly by us and not by third parties) that are defined as session cookies: they allow Epics to recognize and link your actions during a browsing session.
Cookies in no way give Epics access to your computer or any information other than the data you choose to share with Epics. We only use the following cookies:
|Cookie Name||Type||Purpose||Cookie placed by||Retention period|
|sCookieSecurity||Strictly necessary||Used at the application level to identify the logged users
|PHPSESSID||Strictly necessary||Used to preserve user session state across page requests
c. How to manage cookies?
d. Who placed cookies?
The information stored on cookies is only used by Epics. Epics doesn’t work with any other third parties.
e. Contacting Us
If there are any questions regarding this Cookies notice, you may contact Epics using the information below.
Epics Therapeutics SA
47 Rue Adrienne Bolland
Phone number: +32 71 348 500
Data Protection Officer
Epics would like to point out that this website may contain hyperlinks and other references to other websites, which are provided for your information only. These sites are neither managed nor controlled by Epics. Epics declines all responsibility for any inappropriate, illegitimate or illegal content on the hyperlinks as well as for any damage that may result from their consultation. The activation of these links is the responsibility of the user. However, Epics advise you to consult the privacy notice and the cookie notice of the site concerned.